About The River
As God began to put on our hearts a passion for the Saint Croix Valley, people began to come to mind. They are good people who lead good lives, people who love their families, and their community. People who didn’t seem to fit in to any biblical community, and ultimately people who need to hear the Gospel. We believe we can begin to share life with the people we know and in doing so, share the Gospel.
We are led by Jesus to:
Serve our community
Encourage one another
Empower everyday leaders, so
ALL may Declare HIS Glory!
Characteristics of a follower of Christ!
Values are confirmed by actions not just by words.
- Humbly Submitted to Christ:: Luke 9.23-26 :: And he said to all, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Forwhoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. “Your Heart will change when you dwell on Him more than on yourself.”
- Biblically Formed:: John 8.31-32 :: So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truthwill set you free." “It is not enough to be around the Bible… The process of becoming more Biblically Formed over time requires firsthand experience with scriptures. We need to create space in your life for the Word of God to be poured out into your mind so it can wash out all the other junk in ou4 life…”
- Sacrificially Generous:: “2 Corinthians 8:3-7 “3For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, 4begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints— 5and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us[...] 7But as you excel in everything—[…]see that you excel in this act of grace also.” As your heart is Humbly Submitted to Him as the Master of your life, and your mind is being Biblically Formed by the truths of His Word, you will see your choices become more like His choices. You will become more Sacrificially Generous, Just like Jesus.” 3 major area God is changing your choices:: time talent, and treasure.
- Intentional Blessing:: Matthew 25.37-40 :: Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' Andthe King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of thesemy brothers,you did it to me.' All Jesus did, he did on purpose for you…, “riches poured out for you, resulting in your glory. Take your time, talents and treasures and invest them in to the people around you On Purpose.”
- Morally Discerning:: Colossians 1:10-14 :: 10so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[e] to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. As followers of Jesus, you represent something more profound and fantastic than you can even comprehend. You are a member of the body of Christ, and ambassador of the King of the Universe. You have been adopted into the family of God and have been given a new name. You were designed to increasingly live in a way that is pleasing to Him…”
- Culturally Engaged:: Matthew 25:37-40 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Cultural engagement begins by developing an awareness of the impact your life has on those around you. It is also looking for opportunities to get involved in causes that stir in your soul.
- Relationally Healthy:: Matthew 22:37. 37And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the great and first commandment. 39And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” God is relational. “He lives in the form of a perfect tri-unity of persons who function in absolute harmony and oneness. God is the very definition of Relational Healthy,” and He wants you to be like Him.
- Inclusive Community:: Matthew 16:24-26 24Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? Inclusive community is rooted in the swelling compassion growing inside you for those around, in whatever context, and then intentionally wanting to invite them into your world.
 Taylor, Dr. Rick, The Anatomy of a Disciple, So many Believers. So few Disciples. (Fresno, CA, The Well Community Church, 2013), 80
 Ibid, 100
 Ibid, 115
 Bell, Brad, Walking with a Limp (Fresno, CA, The Well Community Church, 2013), 85.
 Taylor, 134
 Taylor, 198
 Taylor, 152
 Ibid. 224
About The Pastor
Tony Rambo has been serving in ministry for over 18 years. His passion for the St. Croix Valley came while living and serving the people of Western Wisconsin and Eastern Minnesota. Tony and his wife Lisa have 4 children and are both active in the community.
Tony has served as a director on national boards in youth and collegiate departments. He as also spent a number of years training team building facilitators for government, profit, and non-profit organizations. Tony has a Master of Divinity with emphasis in Missional Church leadership and spiritual formation.
Lisa Rambo is a National Speaker, and former contestant on The Biggest Loser season 14. Lisa is a weight-loss and personal trainer. She has a passion for speaking about her faith walk and sharing God's love in practical ways with those she does life with.
We would love to get to know you and walk along side you in anyway we can.